There was a time when I was crying [not literally :P] coz I got shifted to this new room @work with 3 others, and had to leave my spacious darling table behind to share a small space with 3 others. Its been over a month now and I think I've not only grown out of the boo-hoo-hoo thing, I've also started liking the new place.
And this has made me realise that the place has very little to do with it. As long as you have what you really need, you will be happy.
I have so many of my friends who desperately wait for the weekend like anything and every Sunday they will say "Oh NO! Monday again tomorrow!!". I have been surprised and amused at their actions because I really never have to do that. I suppose I am very very lucky because 1st I like what I do to a decent extent and 2nd I have amazing colleagues who make work fun. I know using work and fun in the same sentence might sound like a big oxymoron to some people but I really feel that way about work. I can go on and on and on talking about my colleagues and all the stuff that happened today at work!
Thats the thing about the set of people I hang out with at work [I do not know about the rest, so don't want to generalise], they will take breaks, they will talk-cock all the while, they will have fun, they will plan for trips [yet to go for one tho, hopefully the Jul one will materialize ;)] and yet they will get all the work done on time, however difficult a task it might be! And I think thats what makes my work at iWow seem enjoyable in the first place.
Your colleagues are a very important part of life. You can't ignore it if you have crappy colleagues, because you spend a very huge fraction of your day with them. And I am certainly very happy to have good colleagues. :D
Thanks to Mr. Alex Eng, Mr. Eric Poey, Mr. Darren Koh, Ms. Alice Yong, Mrs. Supriya Jagadeesh, Ms. Aparna Narendran, Mr. Thian Seng, Ms. Yvette, Mr. Du Gang, Mrs. Su Myat Min, Mr. Qing Yu, Mr. John Chu [yes John even you! :P] and everyone else for being the way you are. You make the office rock!! :D
I've come to realise that as long as I have people with whom I can click, or even conflict in a positive manner, work is fun. Lets hope I find such people throughout my career. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment