Tuesday, May 15, 2007

i went to the ZOO!!!! :P

I know! Your first reaction wud be "Why?!!"... haha! There was a May Day event by SCS [singapore computer society] and they gave free tickets to first 100 members who responded. Me and Abhinav were one of those who did, so we had 2 tickets each. We took Aneez and Manish along. 'twas FUN!

First, waking up at 7.30 on a Saturday was the biggest pain..! But we did! Me and abhinav live quite close by. We left home by 8.10 [we were targetting 8.00 am but obviously we were late! ;)]. Had to reach there by 8.45. We decided not take a cab even though we were running slightly late, coz we know the other two aren't really that punctual! :P Took 189 to bukit batok and then i bought my breakfast thr so by the time we reached it was 9.30! Aneez was there already, and Manish had juz taken a bus from Ang Mo Kio. He said he had wanted to see that area as he was very unfamiliar with it. And inspite of the fact that Abhinav told him that its very far away frm AMK, he decided to go there anyway!

So, well, SCS had sent me two tickets [I called them to confirm], but it so happened that I din't find them in my mailbox!! So we juz went hoping to find some people from SCS there who wud give us replacement tickets.

It turned out that this totally wasn't an SCS event. It was an event organised by NTUC! So ahem.. erm.. the person at the counter totally refused to help me when I explained the situation. Then guess what! Mr. Garg worked his charm. I wonder how that happens :P , but anyway, he got one lady at the booth to give me two tickets! :D

Once we had those in hand, we could do as we pleased! So it was breakfast time [for Abhinav 2nd breakfast, considering he had eaten before he left home! :P] So Abhinav and Aneez ate at KFC. Mr. Manish had still not reached btw!
By the time he actually made an appearence, the other two were done with their breakfasts! So while Manish ate, we three had only one thing to do, stare <== at him and make him uncomfortable! :P

Once breakfast was finally over, we went into the zoo. I dunno why, but I was soooooooo excited! Felt like one of those kids, whose going to the zoo for the first time! :D The other three were so amused! :P But it was fun! I had the privilege of not having to bother about finding directiosn etc for a change! I din't even bother getting a map. Was juz following! :D It was greaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat! :D

And Abhinav kept wanting to take the tram when we hadn't bought a ticket for it and at each stop, he'll be like kya yaar chalo na!! We were quite tired by then actually. But Manish wanted to see Orangutans, afterall he had to bond with his own types! ;) So we kept goin in the opposite direction! :D
Oh, and we met Neha thr too! She was with one of her colleagues from work. Someone called Max n 'something'. I can't rem the full name! :P

And then it started raining! Manish was having a drink which apparently had the whole of the zoo printed on the glass and Abhinav was trying to suggest why that is enuf reason to keep that as a zoo souvenir! :P

Since I was the only intelligent person to have carried an umbrella, we waited for the rain to subside, which it didn't show any signs of doing for about 15-20 mins! So when it had slowed down a bit, we decided to start walking towards the exit. But only after we collect our free goodie bag. Can't go without that!! :P

The rain had puddles all over the place and it was getting reeeally difficult to walk! Especially when Manish was sharing my umbrella [after having told me how useless it was to carry one! : ] and trying to sing "Pyar hua ikrar hua hai!!". So I decided to kick him out and try my best to keep myself dry! :D There was this auntie who SCREAMED at Manish and only later I figured out, she wanted to know where he had gotten the goodie bag! :P

Hehe.. so finally we managed to get out of the woods and found the exit. And guess what happened?! As usual, the sun came out! Coz we had something to shelter us from the rain now!!!! Talk about Murphy's Law!

So anyways, I had to go see a house in Choa Chu Kang and these guys were gonna play pool. And we decide to go eat lunch together before that. Asked Aneez to drive us. I'm juz so proud of him!! He drives well. :) I know sounds a bit stupid, but its almost like I see my Aneez has grown up!! :D

So after lunch I joined them at the Arcade [house viewing got cancelled!] and that was FUN! I beat them all at car racing! :D Hehe! And Aneez has an excuse for that We were car fighting else you couldn't have beaten us!

Then I tried this foot massager at OSIM and it was toooo good! I'm still considering if I should buy it for my parents!! Costs 500 bucks. Sigh!

Everyone went home, while I headed to Clark Quay for a gals outing wid my JC frens! That one in our gals diary! :D

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Nice, this one is more unbiased ;). Gals outing huh? didn't tell before :P

Pri said...

of course i didn't! it was a girl's outing. unless u consider urself a girl......! :P

Pri said...

oh, and i'm ALWAYS unbiased! ;)