Why is it that whenever things are going too well, we start feeling scared. It invariably occurs to us that it can't be forever real? Why do we feel that we need reality checks so that we don't feel too happy about something? So that if things actually end up in a bad way, we would be able to handle it?
I'm reading the first book of Conversations with God these days. Amazing book. Everything put forward so simply, colloquially. Answers to a million things which I always wanted to know. Its certainly amazing.
Why do we fear things? Why do we want to have reality checks? Here's what the book says [in God's own words..]
"..because My promises are too good to be true. Because you cannot accept the grandest Truth. And so you must reduce yourself to a spirituality which teaches fear and dependance and intolerance, rather than love and power and acceptance.
You are filled with fear- and your biggest fear is that My biggest promise might be life's biggest lie. And so you create the biggest fantasy you can to defend yourself against this: You claim that any promise which gives you the power, and guarantees you the love, of God must be the 'false promise of the devil'. God would never make such a promise, you tell yourself, only the devil would- to tempt you into denying God's true identity as the fearsome, judgemental, jealous, vengeful, and punishing entity of entities.
Even though this description better fits the definition of a devil (if there were one), you have assigned 'devilish characteristics' to God in order to convince yourself not to accept the God-like promises of your Creator, or the God-like qualities of the Self.
Such is the power of fear. "
We've always been taught to be God-fearing. A person who reveres God and does all that is right is the one who goes to heaven. All such beliefs seem to be questioned in this book. And it makes perfect sense when I do read it. But then again, its gonna be hard to actually start following some of the things I want to, simply because I have already received a very long 'training' in the things which I'm currently doing. Thats how I was taught things should be done. Thats how my perception has been framed since the very beginning.
And I spose that is why I cannot let go of my fear so soon. Reality checks will therefore remain, until I can start changing the way I percieve things on a daily basis. I spose it will take more time...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment