Some one has very aptly said that we resist change in every form even though change is the only constant.
Take for example, this scenario in office, I need to leave my cubicle and move into a small room with 3 other colleagues, because the office is hiring more people. Now I am absolutely abhorring this Friday coz thats wen I need to leave my [now looking HUGE table] which I so lovingly decorated and move to a very small one where there is no space for all these things! If I dun take all of these things back home, I will have to put them on the floor. Sigh!
I dun wanna leave my table!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :( ... Hehe...
And then thrs another one. I'll have to shift out of the house we're currently renting. Its just that property prices have risen by 40-50% since last year. So, my rent will increase from $1800 last yr to about $2600 this year. And of course I cant afford that. Need to find a new house. One of my housemates is moving out, so we found a new housemate. Thankfully that wasnt sooo difficult. Lets see where we find a new house and whether we can find something good enough in our budget, which seems to be reeeeeeeeeally small when we consider the price hike in rents this year. :(
Its when you think of all this put together that gets you frustrated! I was really frustrated yday when I saw the room I'm sposed to shift to at work. Oh well, HR says its for a couple of months. Lets hope she keeps her promise and we dun stay there for ever.
But you see, they say, its upto you how you react to things. You decide how something affects you. Don't have any expectations and then it won't affect you at all. But I find it so hard not to have expectations! I'm trying, but somehow expectations just come, don't they? Its like normal to have expectations! So whats the cure? Tell me if you figure out. Thanks! :D
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment