Sunday, May 6, 2007

Juz another Sat evening...

We went bowling today.. Well, that was the original idea. But then Abhinav said he couldn't get a booking at Marina Square Bowling Alley and I was hoping we dun hv to bowl, coz I was really lazy. But unfortunately, it took only a half hour wait to get us a lane.

I had asked the forum gang to come along as well. The only two people who responded were Prem and Sachin. So I said ok. The more, the merrier. Prem brought along with him, his housemates. So it was like 6:1 guys to gals ratio! I took advantage of the fact and went shopping while they waited for the bowling alley to allocate a lane to us! :D

Unfortunately that turned out to be unfruitful. But still, I know where not to go shoe shopping for future references! Not my kinda stuff. :P

And then, Prem had this habit of making fun of me each time i put a ball into the gutter. In the first game I scored second worst. And his jeering got louder. I was like, Man! I gotta give him something to think about! So I did. I beat his score. :D And not just his, I was the second highest scorer! Haha.. frankly I was surprised myself!!! :P I beat Abhinav!! And there has been only one occasion before when I've beaten him at bowling. [His average score is around 105-110] Think it was one of his bad score days today...

So now on, whenever Prem gives me a call, I'm gonna tell him "I beat you at bowling!!!!! Hee..haa..haa..!" :D


After bowling and a very long discussion on where to go for dinner, we figured, we'd go to Boat Quay. What was even more wonderful was that no one knew exactly how to get there, but we started walking in a direction we believed it was in! :P We finally did manage to get there though! And based on my previous experience at Samarkand, we decided to eat there. The "carnivores" order butter chicken, which turned out to be 'the dish of the day', or month or whatever you call it. Coz apparently its the best butter chicken Abhinav has had in Singapore. And thats saying something! [Think I should ask Samarkand for commission for each person who reads my blog and goes there! :P]

In the pic here you see the group after dinner, just chatting around before breaking up to go home! The guy with the devil eyes, and a cap on his head is Prem. Not very difficult to guess is it? :P

Oh and I stepped on Aneez's shoe. Was trying to figure out how good my sandal heels are at trampling others' feet! :P Looks like they work really well, considering Aneez was limping. Sorry Aneez! Won't ever try that again! Promise! :D

The discussion at the dinner table ranged from UIQ [anyone remember whaddahell that was?! Prem?!!] to Art of Living to NS and SIA-NOL scholarship, and even how India should do its tourism marketing! Guys you should go and join ITB, instead of working here! :D

Well, overall it was a pleasant evening. Had a nice time. Am freaking tired right now. Better get some rest! Nitez!

No comments: