Went for this seminar on Motorola's Secure Software Development Model today. It was organised by SCS and Motorola's latest SSDM was to be discussed. You know when you go for such sessions, you're supposed to be networking with people. Because thats how you build a network. You have a chance to talk with people in your field or related fields who are working in different companies. This is how you get their perspective on different things and this is how you make contacts to be used in the future.
Ask me to talk to strangers and I can do an excellent job. Will crack all sorts of jokes and wun't have any problem bringing people at ease around me. Will have a gud chat and then walk away. But when it comes to talking to strangers in the context of networking, something happens! I go blank! I just don't know how to start! I probably believe that I would make a big fool of myself because I do not know what to say to someone who has so much of experience. And thats exactly what I did today as well. I couldn't figure out what to say, so I conveniently didn't say anything!! I'm so pissed off with myself! And on my way back I could think of exactly what I could have said! It always happens! After the time has passed, I will be able to figure out what I could have said! Argh!
Networking is a skill which not everyone has, but it can be acquired with time, if you really want to make an effort. I don't understand what exactly I lack more, skill or effort! God help me!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment