Friday, May 9, 2008

Military Junta's Myanmar post Cyclone Nargis

Its frustrating me as to how evil the Myanmar rulers are. They still haven't let UN help go into the country! They're instead working on some official decrees! What is wrong with them! Death tolls are over a 100,000! Do they know how many zeroes there are in that number! My gawd! The aid workers and facilities are waiting at the borders for visas! Someone should tell these guys to get their priorities right! What is wrong with them!

I dun understand if I'm getting so worked up about this, what would the people stuck in the country be going through. I'm reading reports on BBC and other news sites and there's nothing but frustration on how terrible the situation is and how the government doesn't have enough means to salvage the problem. And to top it all up, they won't even let foreign help come in!!!!

There is no water, no food, no shelter for those in the affected areas. The rain water is receding now, but there are corpses everywhere. Soon enough there will be innumerable diseases taking over the entire area. Does the government want the entire population to be wiped out?

Anyway, all I can do now is to try and raise funds for the victims and pass them to the Red Cross. They have their teams on the ground right now. I hope they can reach as many people as possible. God help those who are in Myanmar!

1 comment:

Pri said...

I'm very proud to say that collected and donated S$550 from my colleagues & friends for the Myanmar Relief Efforts by the Red Cross. I really hope it helped some people in need!