
The first thing I hear from anyone who asks me where I work is a "Wow!!". Its only when I explain iWow stands for Inspiring the World of Wireless, that people go "Ooh! So what exactly DO you do? Is it some subsidiary of Apple?"
Haha.. No its not. the "i" has no connections to Apple. I like what I do [writing firmware for mobile devices] and especially love the working environment here. People are friendly and helpful. And we do make sure we have some good laughs over the course of the day besides working very hard!
I dun wanna stay a developer though, so when I am ready, I hope I can make a switch to sales. Lets see what my boss says to that! :D
There are numerous things I find irreplaceable about working here in the software team. Alex for one! He is my coding guru and guide! :P Think I've bugged him way too much and now a constant reply of "BUSY!" is what I get! :D But he does help me as and when he can! Not forgetting the innumerable fights we have throughout the day, providing free entertainment to everyone around us [Especially to "capo" John! ], almost definitely punctuated with "STUPID", "IDIOT" and more recently "terimah kasih"!!!! ;)
Our lunch outings, which include our usual gang of me, Alex, John, Vincent, James and Du Gang at one of the nearby food courts are a place for discussions on any topic under the sun. It may range from Cryptography, Multi-user PCS [usual geek stuff eh? :P], books, money, money, money[!!!], to even hypothetical situations and fahion shows [;)] !!!
My 2nd lunch gang comprises Supriya and Aparna. Aparna, currently in China, has been *very* happy with her assignment and has provided me many details on how she's been given a "one way ticket to..."! :P Supriya currently working under [...] a lot of stress, is the one person I always go and bug when I'm stressed or bored!! :D
These days I try to balance between both sets by first eating in and then joining the guys for a drink. Best of both worlds huh? :D
And not forgetting "boss" [!!], Mr. Eric Poey and Miss "you got simcard or not?!!" [:P], Alice! :D Can bully the first one until you get scolded [ask Yvette! :P] !! And Alice is fun to talk to! :D
Okay this was my first attempt at trying to give a small little condensed form of my working life, which apparently [unfortunately] forms 90% of my life at the moment [considering the amount of work I've been doing in da past few months, I go home only to sleep!]!!
More office stories in later editions, this was juz an intro to the cast and crew! :D
Adios!
Pri
Haha.. No its not. the "i" has no connections to Apple. I like what I do [writing firmware for mobile devices] and especially love the working environment here. People are friendly and helpful. And we do make sure we have some good laughs over the course of the day besides working very hard!
I dun wanna stay a developer though, so when I am ready, I hope I can make a switch to sales. Lets see what my boss says to that! :D
There are numerous things I find irreplaceable about working here in the software team. Alex for one! He is my coding guru and guide! :P Think I've bugged him way too much and now a constant reply of "BUSY!" is what I get! :D But he does help me as and when he can! Not forgetting the innumerable fights we have throughout the day, providing free entertainment to everyone around us [Especially to "capo" John! ], almost definitely punctuated with "STUPID", "IDIOT" and more recently "terimah kasih"!!!! ;)
Our lunch outings, which include our usual gang of me, Alex, John, Vincent, James and Du Gang at one of the nearby food courts are a place for discussions on any topic under the sun. It may range from Cryptography, Multi-user PCS [usual geek stuff eh? :P], books, money, money, money[!!!], to even hypothetical situations and fahion shows [;)] !!!
My 2nd lunch gang comprises Supriya and Aparna. Aparna, currently in China, has been *very* happy with her assignment and has provided me many details on how she's been given a "one way ticket to..."! :P Supriya currently working under [...] a lot of stress, is the one person I always go and bug when I'm stressed or bored!! :D
These days I try to balance between both sets by first eating in and then joining the guys for a drink. Best of both worlds huh? :D
And not forgetting "boss" [!!], Mr. Eric Poey and Miss "you got simcard or not?!!" [:P], Alice! :D Can bully the first one until you get scolded [ask Yvette! :P] !! And Alice is fun to talk to! :D
Okay this was my first attempt at trying to give a small little condensed form of my working life, which apparently [unfortunately] forms 90% of my life at the moment [considering the amount of work I've been doing in da past few months, I go home only to sleep!]!!
More office stories in later editions, this was juz an intro to the cast and crew! :D
Adios!
Pri

No comments:
Post a Comment