Wednesday, September 10, 2008

Chrome!

I wonder why they call it Chrome. Although it's a very very unconventional name, it some how sounds very posh to me! And of course unconventional is totally in line with everything else Google does!

I'm posting this because I'm soooo in love with the very basic features of Chrome! :D Maybe that's because I've never tried Firefox or any other browsers except Netscape Navigator (which was really long ago) and Internet Explorer. Well if you've used the browsers other than MS Internet Explorer I think you would understand why I feel so glad Chrome is out! :P

Explorer is SO freakin' slow when you compare it to Chrome! And, I didn't know Explorer has the equivalent of Incognito mode in Chrome, which is more popularly called the 'Porn' mode. For me its good news because I can surf other company sites for a job while still in office! :P Haha!

Oh and Chrome has this cool thing where your most frequently used webpages are listed as thumbnails on every new tab you open. No need to go find Favorites anymore. Awesome! There's also an awesome way in which Chrome displays pop-ups and downloads. Every pop-up is displayed as small little window at the bottom of the tab itself. It allows for the user to choose whether he wants to view the pop-up. No more 'pop-up has been blocked' notifications, after which pop-ups actually pop up!! :P

If you download an attachment from an email or from some website, a small thumbnail is displayed at the bottom of the tab which leads you directly to your downloaded file if clicked. No more pop-up boxes showing how long more before my file is completely downloaded! Besides, you also have the option of viewing (and of course, searching through) all the files you have downloaded in the past! This feature can also let you regulate downloads, i.e. pausing and cancelling of a particular download which is in progress! And did I mention Chrome works 3-5 times faster than Internet Explorer!! :D 

Oh and there's always once in a few hours when you finally find a webpage and after closing it you realise you need to look for it again! I'm sure this is a very small thing, but on opening a new page there is a small link at the bottom showing the most recent pages visited. Such a big relief sometimes! Maybe other browsers have this feature too, but right now I'm juz comparing Chrome and Windows Explorer.

I'm gonna make Chrome my default browser once they have the facility to use Java Applets. I currently can't login to any of my internet banking accounts using Chrome. So for that, I still have to open Internet Explorer.

Of course Chrome has a lot more complicated features than the ones I've described here. But for the average internet user, these are quite enough. So go and explore Chrome! :D

And before I close this post, one thing that I find very hilarious, is that you can't use chrome to login to Hotmail! I wonder why! ;)

No comments: