Monday, February 4, 2008

Friendship can mean just being together

I've seen this line written on way too many posters by now. And finally am beginning to realise why its so true. I'm also finally understanding why they say "If you can find one best friend in your life, you are very lucky. If you can find two, you are the luckiest person." And apparently, no one ever finds three or more.

Well I never believed it, up until now. And now I also understand why they say 'innocence is bliss'!!! I used to think my close friends, who are so considerate and caring, will always remain the same. One by one all of those 'close friends' have disappeared into thin air. Some have had dramatic exits though, so they did not necessarily disappear into thin air. And some of these noisy ones actually were the closest at one point in time.

When I look back today, I really do not know what to think of such relationships. Coz at that point in time, I felt so confident about those people. They were always around, whenever there was anything good or bad happening. If nothing else, they were there for me. I guess everyone has had such experiences at one point in time or the other so you should be able to understand what I'm trying to pen down here.

And you know how it is like when you are a student, you just trust everyone around you. Or maybe I was too trusting back then. Its amazing how hard I took it when I had to face reality the first time. But then maybe I really needed a hard knock on the head. Something had to make me realise the truth of it all. To ensure I know that 'life is not a bed of roses'. Haha... a phrase always used in movies! Well, and since then it's been a series of such superb experiences. One after the other. So much so that, now I can't even be bothered anymore. I've become numb to it.

But still I continue making friends. Well, at least I try to. It most certainly proves that friendship can mean just being together, as long as you are naive enough to believe it will last... आख़िर उम्मीद पे तो दुनिया कायम है!

2 comments:

ommy said...

i agree :). but it happens to everyone, i think. pple get other 'priorities', be it work, children, golf.. but the foundations of those friendships should still exist. So don't worry too much about finding that best friend (who alludes everyone).. just make it a point to keep in touch every now and then, and treat 'new' friends to lotsa ben&jerry's ice cream :)

Pri said...

Yea I guess.. Can't be helped I suppose. Need to learn to take it in stride. :)

You a big fan of Ben&Jerry's or do you own/have a stake in it? ;) Promoting it even thru blog comments! :P